22 replies to this topic

#1 AlanB

AlanB

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,832 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:38 AM

As we fast approach the dates of our Gathering I want to warn everyone of two things. First, registration will close very soon on the 25th of this month, just 5 days from now. This is to allow for things to be finalized.

Additionally, I'm told that anyone who hasn't already booked tickets for the Missouri River Runner on Saturday had best hurry. There are only 2 BC seats left at last count. So if you don't already have your tickets, you had best hurry or you could be left out.
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#2 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

FYI - I may drop out of the MORR run. I have a RT low bucket ticket that I'll sell to the 'highest bidder"!Posted Image (Just kidding!) Just PM me if you need it! I could cancel it, but I rather it go to someone on AU!Posted Image
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead!

#3 jimhudson

jimhudson

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,224 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports(except Soccer)/Government-Politics/Reading/Old Buildings
    Movies/Music/Unicorns and Ancient Aliens!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

FYI - I may drop out of the MORR run. I have a RT low bucket ticket that I'll sell to the 'highest bidder"!Posted Image (Just kidding!) Just PM me if you need it! I could cancel it, but I rather it go to someone on AU!Posted Image

Be still my heart! :excl: the_traveler is offering something for free!! :o What's the catch??(will you trade it for 100,000 AGR points!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'd Rather Be On a Train!"  All Aboard!!!

"There's Something About a Train!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad

"What a Long,Strange Trip it's Been!"-  "Truckin'"-Grateful Dead

"..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#4 rrdude

rrdude

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:I like riding trains, in First Class, Sleeper, or Coach. (If just a short jaunt) I expect courteous service, equipment that works, arriving close to "on time", & clean windows. Is that too much to ask for?

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:56 PM

Be still my heart! :excl: the_traveler is offering something for free!! :o What's the catch??(will you trade it for 100,000 AGR points!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't see the word "FREE" anywhere in his post.............Posted Image

#5 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:14 PM

I didn't see the word "FREE" anywhere in his post.............Posted Image

The only meaning of the word "FREE" I know and recognize is FREE TRAVEL! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You don't think I could be generous - for once?Posted Image http://discuss.amtra...ult/mosking.gif
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead!

#6 jacorbett70

jacorbett70

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

I checked the site and see just one BC seat left, and it might be the one I surrendered after following the suggestion in Chat to grab one of the last coach seats and then cancel my BC res.

All-Time Amtrak rail ridership between 1990 and 03/09/2013
567 segments 117376 miles
Top 4 mileage years: 2012 (17833), 2011 (13528), 1998 (13286) , 1997 (13181)

#7 MrFSS

MrFSS

Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,985 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:28 AM

No more registrations accepted after 5:00 PM (EDT) tomorrow, 9/25.

#8 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:28 AM

My MORR RT ticket is still available if needed! PM me if you need it! (No extra charge! But there's fine print!Posted Image)
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead!

#9 Trogdor

Trogdor

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:52 PM

A fourth coach has been added, so a bunch more seats are now for sale.
Posted Image

#10 MrFSS

MrFSS

Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,985 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:48 PM

Have them set it aside for us as a large group!

#11 GG-1

GG-1

Engineer

• Forum Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts
  • Interests:PRR GG1 and riding the rails to "see the USA in your Chev".....Train

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:19 PM

Aloha

Explains why there wasn't a issue when I booked Wed. I hate to make late arrangements but this time no choice.

See you real soon.

Eric aka GG-1, Aloha, Mahalo = Thanks

Picture Galleries Posted Image

#12 Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

How many people are going?

Any views expressed are my own and do not represent the views of my employer, parent companies, partners, or subsidiaries.

Over 50,000 people just like you recently signed a petition to expand high speed passenger rail in the United States of America.

Long live The Coast Starlight, The California Zephyr, The Empire Builder, The Southwest Chief, and The Canadian.

#13 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:08 PM

There's an Octoberfest in Hermann (along the route) that day! Thus the train will be full.
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead!

#14 AlanB

AlanB

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,832 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:35 PM

And that fest is why Amtrak has added cars to this train.
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#15 Shanghai

Shanghai

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:04 PM

There's an Octoberfest in Hermann (along the route) that day! Thus the train will be full.

Perhaps someone needs to watch our group to see how many get off the MORR
to particapate in the Octoberfest instead of going to Kansas City!!

Spirit of St Louis, Broadway Limited, Three Rivers, Cardinal, Lake Shore Limited, Silver Star, Pennsylvanian, Keystone, Silver Meteor, Regional, Acela, Capitol Limited, Hoosier State, Texas Eagle, Maple Leaf, Empire Service, Ethan Allen, Eurostar, TGV, BR, Orient Express, Netherlands Rail, SCNF, DSB, Deutsche Bahn, KCRC, MRT, MTR, California Zephyr, Carolinian, Missouri River Runner, Lincoln Service, Crescent, Sunset Limited, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Coast Starlight, Cascades, Pacific Surfliner, BART, CalTrain, NJ Transit, SEPTA, PATCO, Dinky, MBTA, Downeaster, UTA Trax, Heartland Flyer, Hiawatha, Illinois Zehpyr,Carl Sandburg, Piedmont, Vermonter, Metro North

#16 jimhudson

jimhudson

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,224 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports(except Soccer)/Government-Politics/Reading/Old Buildings
    Movies/Music/Unicorns and Ancient Aliens!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:51 PM

They dont have to go all that way to get drunk! :lol: The Flyer talk wierdos, er group is having a do in St. Louis and they are touring the Budweiser Brewery which is Free and does have beer !!(Or so I've been told! :D )
"I'd Rather Be On a Train!"  All Aboard!!!

"There's Something About a Train!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad

"What a Long,Strange Trip it's Been!"-  "Truckin'"-Grateful Dead

"..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#17 rrdude

rrdude

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:I like riding trains, in First Class, Sleeper, or Coach. (If just a short jaunt) I expect courteous service, equipment that works, arriving close to "on time", & clean windows. Is that too much to ask for?

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:06 AM

Wait a minute........you may be on to something here..........

But then, I must ask myself, "What is the purpose of my attending this AU meeting"? I can go to a silly OctoberFest any ole October, in virtually any state.

What I can't do any ole day, is hang out in person with the likes of Big Hoss Saxman, Dieseldorf, Alan-The-Admin, Mr. & Mrs. MrFFFF, The Wacky-Wolverine, Micah-The-Great, Team-Fez, I mean Team-Whooz, Arrrrgh!, William-The-Great-Historian-Haithcoat, EveryDayDoesMatter, OriginalAnthony, Rafi-The-Resource, and maybe even some LongTrainsRunning......

Of course legions more will be in attendance, and I look forward to rubbing shoulders with them too.

Edited by rrdude, 25 September 2010 - 08:07 AM.

#18 Long Train Runnin'

Long Train Runnin'

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:40 PM

last number I heard was over 40 maybe when things come to a close an offical number will be posted
34,707 Miles on Amtrak in 38 states. 
Routes Traveled: Acela Express, Adirondack, Amtrak Cascades, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Cardinal, Carolinian, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Downeaster, Empire Service, Ethan Allen Express, Hiawatha, Keystone Corridor, Lake Shore Limited, Northeast Regional, Maple Leaf, Missouri River Runner, Pacific Surfliner, Pennsylvanian, Southwest Chief, Springfield Shuttles, Texas Eagle, Vermonter.

#19 MrFSS

MrFSS

Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,985 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:31 PM

last number I heard was over 40 maybe when things come to a close an official number will be posted

With only 30 minutes until registration closes, we have 46 members and guests signed up to attend.

#20 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts
  • Interests:trains,music,guitars

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:56 PM

The Flyer talk wierdos, er group is having a do in St. Louis and they are touring the Budweiser Brewery which is Free and does have beer !!(Or so I've been told! :D )

Now why didn't we think of that? :D

Edited by amtrakwolverine, 25 September 2010 - 03:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users