Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Prices on the Canadian

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Steve4031

Steve4031

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,520 posts
  • Interests:Riding Trains Often!!

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:28 AM

I just checked with VIA a few days ago and was quoted a price of 2300 US for 2 people to travel from Toronto to Vancouver in a bedroom. I asked about the companion fare, and that had been discontinued. This was for travel in December around Christmas. This is more than a 5 day cruise on Carnival. Ouch!!

If I do get this money, I will do it though.

#2 Guest_NS VIA FAN_*

Guest_NS VIA FAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:17 AM

Keep checking the link to “Express Deals” on the VIA site but you will probably pay top dollar for travel at Christmas.

http://www.viarail.ca/en/deals

And also check out my post just below this one about the “VIA Preference” reward program.

There is never a lack of people wanting to ride the Canadian……witness the 20 > 30 car trains that operate in high season. If you are not willing to pay……the next person is.

And for a good YouTube video see here……30 cars of perfectly matched Budd Stainless Steel! This is what people are willing to pay top dollar to ride along with the service.

Edited by NS VIA FAN, 11 May 2010 - 09:17 AM.

#3 Sam31452

Sam31452

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

Travel in november. I'm sorry but the Canadian isn't your average Amtrak train.
Remember that maintenance costs for cars aged 50+ are far higher than for the average Amtrak car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users