Amtrak Focus Group

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdRain&Snow

Lead Service Attendant
I picked up a voicemail this evening from a firm that conducts focus groups, inviting me to participate in an Amtrak focus group on the evening of April 8th in Sherman Oaks. The woman assured me that it wasn't a sales presentation of any sort but rather a session to solicit my feedback about my experiences traveling on Amtrak. Participants will receive $100 cash for attending the 2 hour session.

Has anyone been to an Amtrak focus group before, and if so, what types of things did you get into? If there are any LA-based AU'ers attending, I'll look forward to seeing you there.

I picked up a voicemail this evening from a firm that conducts focus groups, inviting me to participate in an Amtrak focus group on the evening of April 8th in Sherman Oaks. The woman assured me that it wasn't a sales presentation of any sort but rather a session to solicit my feedback about my experiences traveling on Amtrak. Participants will receive $100 cash for attending the 2 hour session.
Has anyone been to an Amtrak focus group before, and if so, what types of things did you get into? If there are any LA-based AU'ers attending, I'll look forward to seeing you there.
I would love to do something like that if it was telephone based, but I don't live in a major Amtrak hub like LA or Chicago.

Kind of a bummer, but Qualitative Insights called back, asked if I traveled by sleeper or coach on a recent CS trip, then told me that they had met quota on sleeping car pax and were looking for a few more coach panelists. She did reference the SWC too, so it sounds like there will be pax from both trains joining the group.

If someone from the board does end up participating, please let us know how it went and what you talked about.

I just got a call about that today. Unfortunately, I have class that night otherwise I'd go. She didn't ask me about sleeper or coach though, so I don't know if I'd be uninvited due to being in a sleeper. I would have like to have added my 2 cents about my disappointment though.

hi, I was contacted by a woman too, she was supposed to send me a confirmation email for a focus group on May 3rd but I have not received anything yet. Does anyone have their phone number or address?

thanks!

Back in July or August, I participated in such a focus group here in LA. The activity that got me invited seems to have been my LSL segment towards the 2009 Gathering in Boston.

What we discussed were preliminary versions of what eventually became this ad campaign.

I got the same opportunity and come the day of the focus group meeting, a man named Eddie told me it had been rescheduled. Haven't heard from him since and it's been 3 weeks...

Amtrak is conducting another focus group in Los Angeles next Thursday night with a different firm called Adler Weiner Research. The battery of qualifying questions was interesting, including whether or not I played with or owned model trains (preferred those who do not). Perhaps they fear that modelers and/or foamers might be too biased to offer up constructive criticism (i.e. Ampologists). Just a guess.

It looks like it's a go for 7/28, so I'll report back if anything interesting transpires. Be on the lookout for calls about sessions in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back