Photo

Introducing... The Museum of Railway Timetables!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,169 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

Another nice mention in this weeks URPA Newsletter:

http://discuss.amtra...?...st&p=221591
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#22 acelafan

acelafan

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

This is a great work of art. Thank you for taking the time and all the resources to put it together. Awesome job!

ASMAD - Has your train been running on time?

Amtrak Timetable Archives - PDFs since 2009

#23 Edgefan

Edgefan

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:29 PM

I'm to system timetables as "The Jerk" was to the new phone books! :lol: Getting lost in a system timetable is the next best thing to being on the train. Thank you immensely for this wonderful gift that you have presented the community. I will have many hours to immerse myself between rail trips! You guys are great! :)

Acela Express, Cardinal, City of New Orleans, Capitol Corridor, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Cresent, Lake Shore Limited, Regional #141, SW Chief, Pacific Surfliner, Illinois Zephyr, Empire Builder, Cascades, Coast Starlight, Silver Meteor, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Rail Miles: 67,880  When can we leave again! All Aboard!

#24 Anthony

Anthony

Founder

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:47 PM

Thanks to everyone for all the support! :)

#25 Bill

Bill

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles,trains,photography,Steppenwolf( the band)..........not always in that order

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

Thanks..found some info on one of the timetables from '81 that I wanted.
Interesting site,have a few other things I would like to look up.
Thanks,
Bill

#26 WICT106

WICT106

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:46 PM

Anthony: Would you be interested in a site such as this one ? : Streamliner Schedules it's run by a guy named E. H. Bowen.
"Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did." - Unknown

#27 CSSmith

CSSmith

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Understanding how to make the system work well and grow. Enjoying it when it does work now.

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:37 PM

This is a wonderful resource, and beautifully executed. It is a rare pleasure to be able to view in full resolution. Thank you very much.

Thank you also for the nicely conceived and well run AmtrakUnlimited website.

Is anyone aware of online editions of Railway Guides for those of us who need pre-Amtrak schedule data?

#28 MrFSS

MrFSS

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,777 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

This is a wonderful resource, and beautifully executed. It is a rare pleasure to be able to view in full resolution. Thank you very much.

Thank you also for the nicely conceived and well run AmtrakUnlimited website.

Is anyone aware of online editions of Railway Guides for those of us who need pre-Amtrak schedule data?

Thanks for the compliments.

Try eBay for Official Railway guides, both printed and on DVD. That site usually has lots of them for sale.

#29 Guest_GeoffM_*

Guest_GeoffM_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

An excellent resource - thank you! I will spend many happy hours browsing through this collection.

#30 Blue Marble Travel

Blue Marble Travel

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Travel by civilized means.

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

Can anyone suggest a place to buy old Amtrak timetables on line? Or, for that matter, pre-Amtrak timetables? Thanks in advance!

#31 MrFSS

MrFSS

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,777 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

Can anyone suggest a place to buy old Amtrak timetables on line? Or, for that matter, pre-Amtrak timetables? Thanks in advance!

eBay

#32 Blue Marble Travel

Blue Marble Travel

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Travel by civilized means.

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

eBay

Thanks... I imagine that that would work well if you were looking for a specific timetable, or even topic (such as, "Pennsylvania Railroad"). I'd be interested in a place that had a catalogue of different things for sale, since I am working on a collection. But I'll try ebay, and see what I can find....

#33 trainman74

trainman74

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

I'd be interested in a place that had a catalogue of different things for sale, since I am working on a collection. But I'll try ebay, and see what I can find....

There are some timetable dealers out there who issue catalogs. The first one that comes to mind (since I've been seeing his ads in railroad publications for decades) is Carl Loucks -- no website, but you can call him at 203-288-3765 to have a catalog sent to you.

#34 Guest_fernando torres_*

Guest_fernando torres_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

dear friend

is a incredible task this compilation!!!!! and useful    congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

i never  seen  before this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!    very gooooooood!!!!!

tanks Fer

#35 Guest_david vartanoff_*

Guest_david vartanoff_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

I believe my collection (not catalogued) has some items not in your archive.   Do you want them either the treeware or scans?  I want to empty the shelf space.  
Thank you

iskandr at att dot net

Edited by the_traveler, 04 July 2014 - 09:38 PM.
edited e-mail

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users