Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Three Rivers Appreciation Thread

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,471 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:48 AM

If he hadn't drug a 6 year old thread from the grave, there so way we would have ever known about his love for the Three Rivers!

Jeez, this thread was back before I joined AU.

#62 Metra Electric Rider

Metra Electric Rider

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 01:51 PM

I have just one question? Has somebody told the Broadway Limited?

SJ - Norra Stambanan, Nordvästra stambanan, Södra stambanan, Dalabanan

NSB- Bergensbanen, Kongsvingerbanen, Rørosbanen, Dovrebanen, Flåmsbana, Roa–Hønefossbanen

Amtrak - Floridian, San Francisco Zephyr, Southwest Limited, Illini, State House

#63 Philly Amtrak Fan

Philly Amtrak Fan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:17 AM

I started this Facebook page: https://www.facebook...roadwayLimited/

Edited by Philly Amtrak Fan, 26 June 2017 - 10:43 AM.

Trains Traveled: Broadway Limited (CHI-Harrisburg, PA), Three Rivers (Harrisburg, PA-CHI, Altoona, PA-CHI, PHL-CHI), Capitol Limited (CHI-WAS), Lake Short Limited (NYP-CHI), , Silver Meteor (PHL-ORL), Southwest Chief (CHI-LAX), California Zephyr (CHI-SLC, SLC-EMY), City of New Orleans and/or Illini (CHI-Champaign, IL)
Bring back the Broadway Limited (or Three Rivers or any Chicago-Pittsburgh-Philly train)!

https://www.facebook...roadwayLimited/

#64 jis

jis

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,920 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:39 AM

Of course clicking on that does not work because the URL under it is www.facebook.com/RestartBroadwayLimited/%A0
Edit the post in text mode and fix the URL and it will work.

Edited by jis, 26 June 2017 - 12:07 PM.

#65 Philly Amtrak Fan

Philly Amtrak Fan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for the heads up jjs! Fixed (both in the link above and in my signature).

Trains Traveled: Broadway Limited (CHI-Harrisburg, PA), Three Rivers (Harrisburg, PA-CHI, Altoona, PA-CHI, PHL-CHI), Capitol Limited (CHI-WAS), Lake Short Limited (NYP-CHI), , Silver Meteor (PHL-ORL), Southwest Chief (CHI-LAX), California Zephyr (CHI-SLC, SLC-EMY), City of New Orleans and/or Illini (CHI-Champaign, IL)
Bring back the Broadway Limited (or Three Rivers or any Chicago-Pittsburgh-Philly train)!

https://www.facebook...roadwayLimited/

#66 Lonestar648

Lonestar648

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

I rode the Broadway a few times, but took the Three Rivers quite a few times with Heritage sleeper and later the VL sleeper. Most of the time I was going to/from HAR where I had several projects in the area. I lived the Chicago area then, which allowed me to use Amtrak a lot for my weekly business travel. I remember the SCA experiment of changing in Pittsburgh, having all the SCAs for the Three Rivers based there. Once the Three Rivers ended, I did get off in Pittsburgh then drive to the Harrisburg area, linking up with the CL was too difficult, so had to revert back to flying, then the projects finished and I was on the LSL to Rochester, Syracuse, Buffalo, and Albany, sometimes to Boston for several projects in Maine. I did the CL regularly to WAS since corp office was in Reston.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users