MS Train Simulator 2 Release Cancelled

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanB

Engineer
Honored Member
Microsoft Game Studios recently confirmed that it has canceled development on Train Simulator 2, which was originally scheduled for release in July of this year. Back in August of last year we reported that UK-based Kuju had handed over development responsibilities of the game to Microsoft.
The full story from Gamespot.

That's unfortunate, I'll bet there would've been a decent demand as to sales. I wonder why exactly they cancelled it, as the article doesn't say. That would've really gotten me back into the game.

Viewliner said:
That's unfortunate, I'll bet there would've been a decent demand as to sales. I wonder why exactly they cancelled it, as the article doesn't say. That would've really gotten me back into the game.
Probably not as much of a market as there is for Flight Simulator so they figured that had they continued development it would have lost money, sad I would have loved to see them do some different routes and throw in some additional passenger equipment.

While I've been drifting in and out of using the game myself, private route and equipment builders for MSTS have done above and beyond what Microsoft could of produced itself in a second release. Just look at the new Surfliner route between Los Angeles and San Diego being produced by Facing Point Media. It's suposed to be, if not, as realistic as running an acutal Amtrak train yourself.

Maybe I'll finally be able to play the game once I get my Laptop, since my Video Card sucks it crashes my computer every five minutes. Then again there's nothing like running the actual thing. :D

battalion51 said:
Maybe I'll finally be able to play the game once I get my Laptop, since my Video Card sucks it crashes my computer every five minutes. Then again there's nothing like running the actual thing. :D
Its not the actually thing but for the wana be hoggers it is a small step(maybe an inch) closer. :lol:

Back