Amtrak Unlimited Group on Flickr!!!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amtrak_russ

Service Attendant
I just created a group on the photo sharing site Flickr for AU members!!!! For those who dont use flickr, it is a very user friendly site and you only need a Yahoo ID to join flickr! Flickr Homepage Our group is exclusive for AU members which means only AU members can join and have to be invited by me!!! So to join our group sign in to your Flickr Account and send me a message with your AU username and i will allow you to join!!! To find me on flickr you can go to My Flickr Profile or search me on flickr as amtrak_russ. I hope you will join and i thought this might be a easy place to share our pictures with other members!!!!!

Also i forgot!!! Here is our Group page on Flickr! Amtrak Unlimited Group on Flickr

Can the forum owner/moderator make a stickie (permanent post at page top) of this so the instructions don't get pushed down the messages?

Hope I'm making myself clear here...

Or can this be posted on the LINKS page?

I just created a group on the photo sharing site Flickr for AU members!!!! For those who dont use flickr, it is a very user friendly site and you only need a Yahoo ID to join flickr! Flickr Homepage Our group is exclusive for AU members which means only AU members can join and have to be invited by me!!! So to join our group sign in to your Flickr Account and send me a message with your AU username and i will allow you to join!!! To find me on flickr you can go to My Flickr Profile or search me on flickr as amtrak_russ. I hope you will join and i thought this might be a easy place to share our pictures with other members!!!!!
Also i forgot!!! Here is our Group page on Flickr! Amtrak Unlimited Group on Flickr

As you probably know, I joined flickr a while back. I really enjoy it! However, I'm 58 years old & 1/2 of my brain pan has dried up, so it takes me some repetitions to get the hang of things!!! But, I'm hard headed & will keep on pluggin away. Thanx and check out my Folkston Funnel Trip pix on Flickr!

In addition to the FLICKR group, we now have a group at PHOTOBUCKET. This is another FREE (You have to register) place to share photos and I have noticed some of our members are using it for trip reports, etc.

I posted a few of the 08 Get Together pictures I took just to have something on the group site, so feel free to add whatever you have that is about Amtrak.

Remember, we also have a FACEBOOK Group page (free membership after registering)

Also, a YouTube group. You have to have a free account to post, but you don't have to be a YouTube member to view them.

AU is slowly taking over the Internet!

In addition to the FLICKR group, we now have a group at PHOTOBUCKET. This is another FREE (You have to register) place to share photos and I have noticed some of our members are using it for trip reports, etc.
I have added several images to the AU Photobucket album. Mainly various station photos and some graphic artwork.

Since there wasn't a link posted earlier, here's one: Amtrak Unlimited album on PHOTOBUCKET

Remember, we also have a FACEBOOK Group page (free membership after registering)
Also, a YouTube group. You have to have a free account to post, but you don't have to be a YouTube member to view them.

AU is slowly taking over the Internet!
Although it looks like there hasn't been any activity in a while, I added my videos to the Facebook and YouTube groups.

I don't know if anyone is interested, but I have an album on Photobucket from our trip from Pittsburgh to Seattle on the CL and EB last September. Most of the photos are of the car part of our tour in Washington and Oregon, but there are some taken from the train, particularly at the end.

http://s434.photobuc.../Amtrak%202010/

I have accounts on both Photobucket and Flickr, so I will remember to post from our upcoming trip to Yellowstone in June on one or both of them.

I took my family to Yellowstone in 2008 - they really enjoyed it. We didn't take a train, though - we drove. I'm looking forward to our upcoming trip - I like the idea of not having to drive 20 hours to get to Glacier Park.

If you hike the Norris Geyser Basin, be aware that the smell of sulfur fills the air; my boys decided to wear their bandannas over their noses. Made for some great photos.

Also - make sure you have wide-brimmed hats and sunscreen; there is very little shade when hiking among the thermal features.

Yellowstone is a fantastic place with a great variety of sights and activities. The thermal features are very interesting, the mountains impressive, and the historic lodges a fun place to visit. (We stayed at Old Faithful Inn).

Hope you have a great trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back