Has anyone used the buy points yet

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigval109

OBS Chief
Has anyone used the buy points yet? I did a trial purchase for a 1000 points and it processed really quickly. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think we are buying points at the same rate as credit card companies. That's 2.75cent per point.Without the $15 fee to come online on June 1 It appears to me a real bargin to help you get what you want. In my case a bedroom on the Southwest Chief. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone used the buy points yet? I did a trial purchase for a 1000 points and it processed really quickly. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think we are buying points at the same rate as credit card companies. Without the $15 fee to come online on June 1 It appears to me a real bargin to help you get what you want. In my case a room on the Southwest Chief. :)

I've purchased 1000 points and might do more. Mine processed right away as well. It really seems like a good bargain to me as well. I'm hoping to get enough points for a Coast Starlight-California Zephyr trip, Seattle to Chicago. That won't happen until next year but may as well start dreaming now!! :lol:

I bought the max 10,000 points... it's a real bargain.

I mean sometimes the difference between a roomette and bedroom can run $300 upto $700.

You can buy 10,000 points and go from a roomette to a bedroom for just $275. WHAT A DEAL!!

I bought the max 10,000 points... it's a real bargain.
I mean sometimes the difference between a roomette and bedroom can run $300 upto $700.

You can buy 10,000 points and go from a roomette to a bedroom for just $275. WHAT A DEAL!!
what if you already brought 3000 points can you go back and buy 10000?

Back