Just signed up for Amtrak Rewards...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Pierce

So I just signed up for Amtrak rewards points. I didn't even realize I could do it until yesterday, but the problem is I have made 4 round trip Acela trips in the last month...and I really want those points!

I have put in for the "missing points request" thing, as I saved all my ticket stubs. It has been 2 days and still I have received no response (positive or negative) from Amtrak.

Should I expect to get points for those trips, or am I just out of luck?

You are eligible to get points for trips that took place within 21 days prior to your enrollment date. You may have to send or fax your ticket stubs to AGR. I would call AGR to find out how to obtain credit.

I have put in for the "missing points request" thing, as I saved all my ticket stubs. It has been 2 days and still I have received no response (positive or negative) from Amtrak.
As I recall from having ticket stubs from a recent trip when I joined Guest Rewards, two days is definitely too soon to expect a reply. I mailed in stubs for a trip I took in April when I joined Guest Rewards early in May, but they didn't show up on my account until mid-July.

As I recall from having ticket stubs from a recent trip when I joined Guest Rewards, two days is definitely too soon to expect a reply. I mailed in stubs for a trip I took in April when I joined Guest Rewards early in May, but they didn't show up on my account until mid-July.
If the OP had mailed the stubs in, then yes two days is way too soon to expect a reply. However I believe that the OP used the missing points request form on the AGR site. That specifically says that "if their data matches what you input into the form, that your points will show up within two days." However I'm not sure if that online request works with trips taken before joining. In fact, I'm not sure if that works if you forgot to put your AGR number in the reservation.

By the way, I never advocate mailing the actual ticket stubs to AGR. Mail copies of the stubs! If they loose the actual stubs at AGR, then you have no proof.

Back