5 replies to this topic

#1 AlanB

AlanB

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,340 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:54 AM

The Administrators and moderators of this forum have received a number of inquiries regarding the forum's position on member's signatures, banners, and links within the signatures, and what may and may not be included in that area.

Therefore, in keeping with the forum's established guidelines we are asking all members to review their signatures and banners and make any changes necessary following these guidelines:

• There should not be any website links in a signature to content that could be viewed as obscene by some or that which would be unacceptable to children. We are a rail forum and as such have members of all ages. Most signatures are to member's rail picture pages. Links to non-rail pages should be used on other forums that are appropriate to the link.
  • Pictures or banners in signatures should not exceed 400x100 pixels. Pictures should also not be used to link to personal websites as a way of promoting them. Members can also make use of the avatar for their favorite picture.
  • If you have a non-rail related link, it should be to an appropriate page that meets the above guidelines.
  • A one or two non-linking sentence is also allowed, as long as the text is appropriate.

We ask for everyone's help in complying with these guidelines.

Over the years this forum has been a leader in Amtrak rail discussion. Considerable amounts of time and work are necessary to allow guests to post topics for discussion and responses to ongoing threads; most forums require registration before one may post. We have tried to allow the discussions to go wherever they go and only "jump in" if they get way off topic or personal attacks are made on other members. Thankfully this doesn't happen very often and we all enjoy a free and open discussion venue.

Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#2 AlanB

AlanB

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,340 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:43 AM

I'm bumping this topic up to the top to remind everyone of our guidelines regarding signatures, as I've noticed a few that don't fall within the guidelines. I ask everyone to please make sure that their signature does follow the guidelines. There are still people who don't have high-speed internet access and large pictures really slows down page loadings for them.

Thank you! :)
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#3 MrFSS

MrFSS

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,777 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:54 AM

Not only is it pictures that are sometimes bigger than what the admins would like, it is all of the other info such as tickers, trains ridden, etc. They can cause the height and width of the signature to exceed specification.

If you see someone's signature you don't feel meets the guidelines please contact me by PM and I will be glad to gently remind then of the guidelines for this subject.

Thanks for your cooperation.

#4 MrFSS

MrFSS

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,777 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:17 AM

I'm bumping this up for everyone's review.  We have had a number of folks who have needed a reminder about signatures and their size and content.

Please check to make sure you are in compliance.

Thanks!!

#5 MrFSS

MrFSS

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,777 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

Another bump to help remind some folks that their signatures/banners/information areas may be too large. Please, take a look and make sure you are in compliance.

Thanks!!

#6 MrFSS

MrFSS

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,777 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 01:25 PM

Another bump - we may shorten your info if action isn't properly taken.  We do get complaints about this, so thanks for your understanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users