Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Amtrak Guest Rewards Contact Info

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 AlanB

AlanB

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,357 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:24 PM

At the suggestion of a member, here is the general contact info for Amtrak Guest Rewards.

Phone 1-800-307-5000

Amtrak Guest Rewards
PO Box 14368
Philadelphia, PA 19115

Fax 1: 215-856-7708
Fax 2: 951-789-7898

Note: Select, Select Plus and Select Executive AGR members have a different phone number to call for priority service. Check the back of your membership card for that number.

Edited by PRR 60, 29 April 2016 - 11:33 AM.
Added Select Executive to priority service note.

Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#2 Rail Freak

Rail Freak

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts
  • Interests:Experiencing the country by RAIL!!!
    U.S. & Native American History

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

Just called for the umpteenth time trying to get my point balance updated correctly! I talked with an agent,Bev, who seemed to be on the ball!!!! I'm 554 points from "Select Status", is that such a big deal that I go and spend that much time and $ to get whatever "Select" offers?

A Rookie No More! But Still A Lot Of Track To Travel !!!
Silver Meteor #97(6) & #98 (4), Silver Star #91 (2), Capitol Limited #29 & #30(6), Empire Builder #7,#8,#27(2) &#28(4) Coast Starlight #11 (6) & #14(5), California Zephyr #5 (2) & #6 (5), Cascades #506, City of New Orleans #58, #59 (2), South West Chief #3 (4), Lake Shore Limited #49, Maple Leaf #63, San Joaquin #714, Pacific Surfliner #774, Texas Eagle #422 (2), Cardinal #50, Crescent #19, Sunset Limited #1. Approx. 60,169 miles & 41 states!

#3 AlanB

AlanB

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,357 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:00 PM

If you lived else where than where you do, or if you traveled Amtrak a bit more than you do, I'd probably say Yes. Go for it.

But because of where you live, I'm not so sure that it's worth the added expense to get a few one hour upgrade to either business class or first class coupons, as well as a few coupons that will get you into a Metropolitan Lounge or a Club Acela loune.

Now that said, the 25% point bonus could still be useful, if you plan to travel on Amtrak considerably in the new year. But if not, then you probably don't want to go spend another $250 or so, just to get the rest of the points you need.

Of course if you have some real reason to travel, that's a horse of a different color.
Alan,

#4 Rail Freak

Rail Freak

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts
  • Interests:Experiencing the country by RAIL!!!
    U.S. & Native American History

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:56 PM

All Right,
My AGR Points are up to date! That little lady held up her side of the bargain. She said she'd take care of it pronto, and she did!!! Wish I could reach out & thank her! I may be taking that loophole after all!

RF

A Rookie No More! But Still A Lot Of Track To Travel !!!
Silver Meteor #97(6) & #98 (4), Silver Star #91 (2), Capitol Limited #29 & #30(6), Empire Builder #7,#8,#27(2) &#28(4) Coast Starlight #11 (6) & #14(5), California Zephyr #5 (2) & #6 (5), Cascades #506, City of New Orleans #58, #59 (2), South West Chief #3 (4), Lake Shore Limited #49, Maple Leaf #63, San Joaquin #714, Pacific Surfliner #774, Texas Eagle #422 (2), Cardinal #50, Crescent #19, Sunset Limited #1. Approx. 60,169 miles & 41 states!

#5 diesteldorf

diesteldorf

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

Here is the toll-free # for the Onepass Service Center if you don't want to call the long distance # to initiate a transfer from Continental to AGR:

800-554-5522

Here is the standard # 713-952-1630

#6 had8ley

had8ley

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts
  • Interests:"There's nothin' nicer than "dinner In the diner." After 30 plus years of pulling cabooses and pax trains around it's time for someone else to pull me around...

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:38 AM

At the suggestion of a member, here is the general contact info for Amtrak Guest Rewards.

Phone 1-800-307-5000

Fax 1-800-456-9354

Mailing address:

Amtrak Guest Rewards
P.O. Box 1762
Minneapolis, MN, 55440-1762

Note: Select & Select Plus AGR members have a different phone number to call for priority service. Check the back of your membership card for that number.

Called today Alan trying to get some points from the Gathering. I must be on the B list as the agent gave me 215-856-7708 as their fax number. I think I like yours better. :cool:

#7 AlanB

AlanB

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,357 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:17 PM

Well that info was correct for Carlson, the old contractor for AGR. It is possible that they've since changed things.

However, I do find it interesting that the area code is 215, as that's the Philly area. I was under the impression that the bulk of the new AGR agents were in California.
Alan,

#8 saxman

saxman

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts
  • Interests:Trains, planes, maps, and music

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

Well that info was correct for Carlson, the old contractor for AGR. It is possible that they've since changed things.

However, I do find it interesting that the area code is 215, as that's the Philly area. I was under the impression that the bulk of the new AGR agents were in California.

I've had to mail in a couple of ticket stubs to AGR lately, and their address has indeed changed. It is now in Philadelphia.

Amtrak Guest Rewards
PO Box 14368
Philadelphia, PA 19115

Edited by saxman, 21 December 2010 - 08:56 PM.

Amtrak Miles: 203,395 (as of 9/21/16)

#9 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,285 posts
  • Interests:Looking at GPS to find out where I am at!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

I was under the impression that the bulk of the new AGR agents were in California.

You're correct. IIRC, the call center is in Riverside, CA.
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#10 Guest_JackieTakesTheTrain_*

Guest_JackieTakesTheTrain_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

Hi - quick question.
So is the new PA address below indeed the correct one to send a complaint about AGR?
I have spent about 1 hour on the phone across a few days with as many agents trying to get one thing resolved.
Thanks!
-- Jackietakesthetrain (because I am too lazy to remember my AUF password!!!)

Oh -- is a snailmail letter better than a faxed letter?

Amtrak Guest Rewards
PO Box 14368
Philadelphia, PA 19115

#11 JackieTakestheTrain

JackieTakestheTrain

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Traveling, seeing new locales, writing

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:08 PM

Hi -- Any recommendation on what method would get a better response to a complaint regarding missing points? Snailmail to PA Or fax?
Thanks!
-- Jackie

I've had to mail in a couple of ticket stubs to AGR lately, and their address has indeed changed. It is now in Philadelphia.

Amtrak Guest Rewards
PO Box 14368
Philadelphia, PA 19115

#12 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,285 posts
  • Interests:Looking at GPS to find out where I am at!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:09 PM

I don't know, but I may say snail mail.

BTW: Area code 215 is Philadelphia, and area code 951 is Riverside, CA (where the call center is located)!
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#13 JackieTakestheTrain

JackieTakestheTrain

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Traveling, seeing new locales, writing

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

Thanks, Traveler. I just got off the phone again with AGR Select Customer Service. It is the 6th time I have called in one week.

Here is the problem -- I made a reservation through USA-RAIL and gave my husband and mine's AGR#s. I had to cancel the reservation and re-book for a different train, and I asked if our AGRs #s would be on the new reservation and agent said yes. We completed our travel and I wanted to see to see if our points posted, so I went to look and guess what -- no points! I completed the missing points request form and 2 more weeks passed -- still no points.

I finally called AGR and was on hold for 30 minutes and gave all information and was told points would post in 3 days. They didn't. I called back again (on hold for 20 minutes!) and gave them all the information again and was told to check back in 3 days. This time MY points posted but not my husband's. I called back 3rd time and gave information to an agent and she said she would take care of it. I went to look online and she put them in but under *WRONG* ticket number (for ticket that I had cancelled.) I called back 4th time and I was told that earlier agent had used a "short form" to put in points and that she and her supervisor would have to put in his points manually and that they would call me today. (right on a Sunday..). So I checked this a.m. and no points on my husband's account. I called again this morning and agent in PA said she would email CA office for supervisor to call me. After waiting 4 hours, I decided to call back and spoke with supervisor in CA who told me that he was going to have to post "fake" points to my husband's account and then push through the request for the original points and then remove the fake points because they have to put points on a traveler's account that actually corresponded to travel. HUH?????? So basically, he put the points on to shut me up -- but if those points aren't there, I am going to have to call back anyway!

Needless to say I have this supervisor's name, phone number and I will am drafting a letter to AGR.

This is absolute nonsense. Honestly.

I have put up with a lot of crap from Amtrak over the years, but this takes the cake!

So a letter I will write.

#14 SarahZ

SarahZ

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, baking, local history, urban exploration, music, dancing, and looking for new adventures

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

I called AGR today. Before I was connected with a representative, an automated blurb came on to announce that they have new hours.

The AGR call center is now open from 5:00 AM to Midnight, Eastern time.

Amtrak Miles: 39,318

Amtrak Routes: Blue Water, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Carl Sandburg, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Empire Builder, Hiawatha, Illinois Zephyr, Lincoln Service, Southwest Chief, Texas Eagle, Wolverine

Metropolitan Rail: Chicago Metra, Chicago L, Dallas TRE, Detroit People Mover, New Orleans RTA, San Francisco MUNI, Seattle Monorail, South Shore Line (NICTD), Toronto Subway & RT, Washington DC Metro

#15 PRR 60

PRR 60

Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,720 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

I called AGR today. Before I was connected with a representative, an automated blurb came on to announce that they have new hours.

The AGR call center is now open from 5:00 AM to Midnight, Eastern time.

Those "new hours" have been in effect since AGR was moved in-house a couple of years ago.  That message has not been updated in a long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users