Can you earn points with the rewards mall if you choose in store picku

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike S.

Service Attendant
Say...bestbuy. You can, and have been able for a while, choose an instore pickup after you purchase something. The idea is that its all ready for you...just walk in a get it...no lines, no paying at the store.

Now...can I go to the rewards mall site, then get transfered to bestbuy from there....and then just choose instore pickup for my items?

Mike S.

Now...can I go to the rewards mall site, then get transfered to bestbuy from there....and then just choose instore pickup for my items?
I don't know, but a few weeks ago I experimented with going one step further--buying a gift card (mailed to me) for Petco through the rewards site. (I'm going to spend the $25 there in-store anyway, and it's free shipping on gift cards from Petco, so the experiment cost me absolutely nothing.) If I get any AGR out of it (I'm assuming it'll take at least a couple months to post) I'll let y'all know.

Yes you can! :) At stores like Best Buy, Circuit City and Office Depot, since they offer the choice of delivery or store pickup, I haven't had any problem.

However at CompUSA, I have. (But I still got the points!) CompUSA offers the choice of delivery or store pickup. If something is delivered, they charge your credit card and you automatically get the points. But if you chose in store pickup, they DO NOT charge (or swipe) your card until you get to the store. They say that it must be A) ordered online through the AGR portal (which it was), and B ) paid online. But there is NOTHING that says that if you choose in-store pickup (in 15 minutes) instead of delivery (in a couple of weeks, plus the delivery charges), you will not get the points! :angry:

I fought and finally got my points from a January purchase from CompUSA in August!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back