Charlotte or Greensboro - how to get to the airport from the station?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Please advise what public transportation is available in Charlotte or Greensboro, NC from Amtrak station to the airport? I need to get there to rent a car. I will choose the city with easiest connection.

I have used both stations, and would advise using a taxi. Bus conections may be possible, but would undoubtedly involve a transfer. I have arived in the middle of the night at Charlotte and taken a cab over to Greyhound, which was fine. I have also arrived in Charlotte by Greyhound and taken a cab to the airport, which ran about $20 ( over 5 years ago. ) I have used a local bus to get from downtown Charlotte to the Amtrak station late at night, which was also OK. I parked my car for several days at Greensboro about two and a half years ago, which is in a more out of the way location. I believe that taxis met trains there, or most certainly the agent could give a number to call. Hope this helps.

In Greensboro, Amtrak trains have moved back downtown to the restored older station. I believe both Charlotte and Greensboro's local transit systems have web sites. I agree that a taxi would be the best way to get from either Amtrak station to the airport.

I last used the Greensboro station in Jan., 2005, a small building out by a freight yard. I remember passing the old station - good to hear they moved!

From what I've seen while aboard #80, the Greensboro Amtrak station is also a city public transit station, as I saw a few buses come and go while we were making our station stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back