Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Live Chat every Sunday, 7PM Eastern

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 PRR 60

PRR 60

Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

The problem we had with chat last Sunday was caused by a rather fundamental issue. The provider of the software that we use for this discussion board - Invision Power Services - removed the chat function from the software effective May 1.  We are looking at options to continue chat capability going forward. 

So Facebook group chat until a long term solution is found?

For now, yes. For those participating on the Facebook group, that is a good option for now.

#122 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

What Facebook does not offer is an option for those who choose not to use their real names. But most of the rest of us are already friends on Facebook, so let any of us know if you want to participate.

Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

#123 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,556 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:03 PM

I'm on travel now, but I intend to set up a web front end for an IRV channel that I will make available on one of my servers.

It'll be open for anyone to use, or the IRC client of your choice.

I get home early Sunday morning and will mess with it if I get a chance. If so, I'll publish something here.
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#124 pennyk

pennyk

Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

Ryan has set "something" up.  Please see his post in Site Improvements forum.  http://discuss.amtra...ve/#entry709202

Amtrak miles: 227,873; Routes: Silver Meteor, Champion, Silver Star, Auto Train, Capitol Limited, Empire Builder, Lakeshore Limited, Adirondack, Vermonter, Cardinal, California Zephyr, Coast Starlight, Texas Eagle, Missouri River Runner, Acela Express, Southwest Chief, Cascades, Crescent, City of New Orleans, Hiawatha Service, Maple Leaf, Keystone Service, NE Regional, Downeaster, Piedmont, Carolinian, Lincoln Service, Autumn Express 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, Empire Service, Sunset Limited, San Joaquin, Capitol Corridor, Pennsylvanian, Illinois Zephyr, Carl Sandburg, Ethan Allen Express, AEM-7 Excursion, Pacific Surfliner, Palmetto.  VIA miles: 4,584; Routes: The Canadian, Ocean; Alaska RR Denali Star: 356 miles

#125 PRR 60

PRR 60

Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:18 PM

Just as a reminder, if you are looking for chat, DO NOT go to the various chat links on the page headers or sidebars. Thanks to Ryan, we have a new and better chat at http://irc.stavely.org/chat.html .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users