Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Live Chat every Sunday, 7PM Eastern

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#1 Anthony

Anthony

Founder

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:24 PM

http://irc.amtraktrains.com/

or use an IRC client: irc.amtraktrains.com, #amtrak

#2 AmtrakWPK

AmtrakWPK

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:20 PM

Wasn't able to connect tonight, unknown cause...

#3 AlanB

AlanB

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,355 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:23 PM

Wasn't able to connect tonight, unknown cause...

Yup, I can't get in either. Something must be wrong on the server. I did drop an email to Anthony, but I guess that he hasn't seen it yet.
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#4 PerRock

PerRock

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Rail, Auran Trainz, Traveling, Graphic Design

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:45 PM

GAAAAAH I keep on forgetting about this chat :( must remember to join.....

peter
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.

http://www.amtraktrainz.com

#5 AlanB

AlanB

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,355 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 03:42 PM

We seem to be having some odd problem with the chat room's normal port (as it's called), so Anthony has adjusted the link above to use a new port, until such time as he can figure out what's wrong with the old port. In the meantime for anyone who wants to chat tonight, if you use the link above to the JAVA chat window you will have no problems getting in.

However if you use another program for chatting, like an IRC client, then you will need to update the port in the program to find the chat room. You'll need to replace the old port number of 6667 with the new port #6668, before you can connect.

Hope to see you in chat tonight. :)
Alan,

#6 Guest_Guest_FRJ1983_*_*

Guest_Guest_FRJ1983_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:03 PM

We seem to be having some odd problem with the chat room's normal port (as it's called), so Anthony has adjusted the link above to use a new port, until such time as he can figure out what's wrong with the old port. In the meantime for anyone who wants to chat tonight, if you use the link above to the JAVA chat window you will have no problems getting in.

However if you use another program for chatting, like an IRC client, then you will need to update the port in the program to find the chat room. You'll need to replace the old port number of 6667 with the new port #6668, before you can connect.

Alan,

This is FRJ1983 could you contact me at ?
I'm having trouble getting on.

#7 AlanB

AlanB

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,355 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:55 PM

Alan,

This is FRJ1983 could you contact me at ?
I'm having trouble getting on.

Email sent, and I've removed your email address from the post, such that the spammers can't get it off the board.
Alan,

#8 Long Train Runnin'

Long Train Runnin'

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:44 PM

is the chat happening tonight i cant seem to connect and when i click the link here it takes me back to the main page for the board?
41,175 Miles on Amtrak in 43 states. 
Routes Traveled: Acela Express, Adirondack, Amtrak Cascades, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Cardinal, Carolinian, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Downeaster, Empire Builder, Empire Service, Ethan Allen Express, Hiawatha, Keystone Corridor, Lake Shore Limited, Northeast Regional, Maple Leaf, Missouri River Runner, Pacific Surfliner, Pennsylvanian, Silver Meteor, Southwest Chief, Springfield Shuttles, Texas Eagle, Vermonter.

#9 AlanB

AlanB

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,355 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:52 PM

As noted in the announcements forum, chat is down for now thanks to the server crash from last week.

Not sure if it will be up in time for next Sunday either, watch for further announcements.
Alan,

#10 Long Train Runnin'

Long Train Runnin'

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

Yeah i found that thread moments after posting that well hopefully i will happen next week

Link to the thread i should have read first
http://discuss.amtra...mp;#entry133246
Routes Traveled: Acela Express, Adirondack, Amtrak Cascades, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Cardinal, Carolinian, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Downeaster, Empire Builder, Empire Service, Ethan Allen Express, Hiawatha, Keystone Corridor, Lake Shore Limited, Northeast Regional, Maple Leaf, Missouri River Runner, Pacific Surfliner, Pennsylvanian, Silver Meteor, Southwest Chief, Springfield Shuttles, Texas Eagle, Vermonter.

#11 roxane1640

roxane1640

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:travel

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:05 PM

figures the one time I actually have the time to chat you guys.lol
take care

#12 Anthony

Anthony

Founder

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:32 PM

The chat is back at http://irc.amtraktrains.com Every Sunday 7PM-9PM Eastern ONLY. If you join outside of those hours, there will probably be nobody to chat with.

#13 Anthony

Anthony

Founder

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

Just a reminder that Chat is about to start on the Forum in a couple of minutes. Feel free to join us! http://irc.amtraktrains.com/

#14 wrjensen

wrjensen

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:08 PM

I had no problem after I restarted my browser (chrome)
Total Amtrak Miles: 9,197
Trains:SWC 5, NEC 12, LSL 1, Ann Rutledge 1,

#15 Long Train Runnin'

Long Train Runnin'

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:59 PM

anyone having trouble connecting today? I can't seem to connect.

#16 Shanghai

Shanghai

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:02 PM

Stephen,
I am unable to connect too.

Spirit of St Louis, Broadway Limited, Three Rivers, Cardinal, Lake Shore Limited, Silver Star, Pennsylvanian, Keystone, Silver Meteor, Regional, Acela, Capitol Limited, Hoosier State, Texas Eagle, Maple Leaf, Empire Service, Ethan Allen, Eurostar, TGV, BR, Orient Express, Netherlands Rail, SCNF, DSB, Deutsche Bahn, KCRC, MRT, MTR, California Zephyr, Carolinian, Missouri River Runner, Lincoln Service, Crescent, Sunset Limited, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Coast Starlight, Cascades, Pacific Surfliner, BART, CalTrain, NJ Transit, SEPTA, PATCO, Dinky, MBTA, Downeaster, UTA Trax, Heartland Flyer, Hiawatha, Illinois Zehpyr,Carl Sandburg, Piedmont, Vermonter, Metro North

#17 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,189 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:03 PM

Me too!Posted Image I've tried 4 times so far!Posted Image
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#18 Long Train Runnin'

Long Train Runnin'

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

Me too!Posted Image I've tried 4 times so far!Posted Image

Guess were out in the cold tonight :lol:

#19 ALC Rail Writer

ALC Rail Writer

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

The one weekend I actually decide to hop in!

I can't either.

Amtrak Routes Travelled: Capitol Limited (x12s), Northeast Regional (x10), Pennsylvanian (x10), Empire Builder (x6), Cascades (x4), Empire Service (2), Acela Express (3), New Haven Shuttle (2), Vermonter (1), Lake Shore Limited (x3), Lincoln Service (3), Coast Starlight (x2), California Zephyr(1), Capitol Corridor(1), Southwest Chief (1), Missouri River Runner (1), Downeaster (2), Crescent (2)
Amtrak Rail Miles: 34,568

My most recent Amtrak trip report!

All Aboard Ohio - Advocacy group for intercity travel in Ohio

#20 GG-1

GG-1

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,113 posts
  • Interests:PRR GG1 and riding the rails to "see the USA in your Chev".....Train

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:20 PM

HopefullyAlan can fix it I notified him

Aloha

GG-1, Aloha, Mahalo = Thanks
http://gg-1.smugmug.com/'>Picture Galleries

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users