Model Railroad Show

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diane

Train Attendant
I just got a flyer in the mail from the Pacific Science Center in Seattle and I thought I'd share...

They are having their:

30th Annual Model Railroading Show

November 28-30th

Here's what the flyer says about it.

Make the Annual Model Railroad Show at Pacific Science Center part of your holiday traditions. Discover model train layouts and explore a variety of train related activities.

My husband and I took our daughter to PSC when they had a deal on roller coasters and it was really cool so I can imagine that this will be just as neat. :D

Diane

Slightly off topic, but there was also a large train show in the Atlanta area today. I made sure to stop by and see what was up. As usual, my wallet left empty. :lol:

AMTRAK-P42 said:
Slightly off topic, but there was also a large train show in the Atlanta area today. I made sure to stop by and see what was up. As usual, my wallet left empty. :lol:
I went to Greenburgs Train Show last week, my wallet left full. I did get a locomotive at a local hobby shop. Plus I'm getting a couple of more items for the holidays. :D

One of the coolest things at the show were these lighting kits that could be installed to act as the end of the train device. They were amazingly easy to use, and even took AA batterys! I brought 3 home with me for about $12.00 each! :)

:D So, I went to the Model Railroad Show at the PSC on Friday. I got the whole family exicted to go and boy am I glad.

I had no idea about the different types of model trains there are, z types, s and n types. It's amazing. They even had a steam engine.

I like the z types they are so small and dainty looking. I think my daughter liked those the best too.

The detail work on these sets were incredible, mountains, waterfalls, trees, snow, tunnels. It's a wonder that anybody could move such large sets from one place to another. I did ask someone from the northwest model railroad group (not sure if that's the correct group name)and he told me that you have to box up each section, other than that it's fairly easy.

I ended up getting some brochures about starting your own model railroad. I am considering getting a small set.

Anyhow, just thought I'd let y'all know a little bit about the show.

Diane

Back