Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

My Amtrak Model Land.

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Viewliner

Viewliner

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts
  • Interests:Amtrak, Viewliners particularlly 2300, 2301 (62091) "Eastern View", and 8400, etc.

Posted 19 August 2003 - 06:47 PM

For those that don't know I did get my first of 2 Phase V P-42's (both in Vb) I really can't wait to get the other one, and really like the one I have now. In fact now my little brother wants one for his Amfleet Cafe now.
Viewliner, Hail 2300!!!
My Website: Amtrak Online- An Unofficial Amtrak Website

#42 AlanB

AlanB

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,373 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 06:53 PM

In fact now my little brother wants one for his Amfleet Cafe now.

Just work out a favorable leasing arrangement. :lol: :D
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#43 Viewliner

Viewliner

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts
  • Interests:Amtrak, Viewliners particularlly 2300, 2301 (62091) "Eastern View", and 8400, etc.

Posted 19 August 2003 - 06:54 PM

Just work out a favorable leasing arrangement. :lol: :D

But then I'd have to either run the Auto Train with 1 P40 till October, or with Electrics. :blink:
Viewliner, Hail 2300!!!

#44 AlanB

AlanB

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,373 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 06:58 PM

But then I'd have to either run the Auto Train with 1 P40 till October, or with Electrics. :blink:

Well the Autotrain is supposed to run with P40's, not P42's anyhow. So you are already in trouble with that one. :(
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#45 Amfleet

Amfleet

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts
  • Interests:Amtrak, aviation transportation, other modes of transportation, things that move other things around, etc...

Posted 19 August 2003 - 07:01 PM

For those that don't know I did get my first of 2 Phase V P-42's (both in Vb) I really can't wait to get the other one, and really like the one I have now. In fact now my little brother wants one for his Amfleet Cafe now.

So do we have a second railfan in training in your family? Won't be loing before we have a Viewliner Jr. roaming the boards :lol:
Jon
Total Miles Traveled on Amtrak - 22,333
Amtrak in the East

#46 Viewliner

Viewliner

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 07:07 PM

Well the Autotrain is supposed to run with P40's, not P42's anyhow. So you are already in trouble with that one. :(

Well mine uses a P40 and a P42 (as the real one does on occasion), and the real one occasionally does use a P42 as well (mine will starting october)
Viewliner, Hail 2300!!!

#47 Viewliner

Viewliner

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 07:08 PM

For those that don't know I did get my first of 2 Phase V P-42's (both in Vb) I really can't wait to get the other one, and really like the one I have now.  In fact now my little brother wants one for his Amfleet Cafe now.

So do we have a second railfan in training in your family? Won't be loing before we have a Viewliner Jr. roaming the boards :lol:

Or a Viewliner II... :lol:
Viewliner, Hail 2300!!!

#48 P40Power

P40Power

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 04:33 PM

Viewliner, we can work out some lease agreements and you can lease my P40 #803 for a while for your auto train!! 803 lugs my 15-18 car lake shore with ease!! :P
All Aboard Amtrak!

#49 Amfleet

Amfleet

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts
  • Interests:Amtrak, aviation transportation, other modes of transportation, things that move other things around, etc...

Posted 20 August 2003 - 05:28 PM

Viewliner, we can work out some lease agreements and you can lease my P40 #803 for a while for your auto train!! 803 lugs my 15-18 car lake shore with ease!! :P

I'm planning on retiring my two P-40s (801 and 832). I will proably replace them with two P-42s in Phase V.
Jon
Total Miles Traveled on Amtrak - 22,333
Amtrak in the East

#50 Viewliner

Viewliner

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 06:33 PM

As much as I'd love another P-40 (in Phase III, I have one), why would I lease 803 from you when it's already running my Auto Train with P-42 #184 (In Phase V) in the lead. What are you dimentions on your tables guys?
Viewliner, Hail 2300!!!

#51 AMTRAK-P42

AMTRAK-P42

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Interests:Amtrak, Music, Friends, Love, and Life!

Posted 20 August 2003 - 11:10 PM

Well more Engine problems on my 182. Good ol'182 has had its second engine change in a little under 2 months. Last night I reallized that something had happend to the engine. After alot of work, I took it to my nearest train store, and found out that I deffinetly needed to eathier do alot of maintance, or buy another replacement motor. So...I have a second motor in the mail. Oh well <_< , atleast It will run again..again..again :lol: .
~Late trains=More time on the train=The best trains~

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
Go #8-04 Daytona 500 Winner!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users